Reports Due for Consideration in March
|26 February||Commissioner’s quarterly UNMOVIC report (UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission)||S/RES/1284|
|28 February||SG regular report on Somalia||S/RES/1725|
|early March||SG regular report on UNMIK (UN Mission in Kosovo)||S/RES/1244|
|5 March||SG quarterly report on UNOCI (UN Operation in Côte d’Ivoire)|
|8 March||SG quarterly report on UNAMI (UN Assistance Mission in Iraq)|
SG quarterly report on resolution 1701 (Lebanon), including recommendations on the status of the Sheb’a Farms
|15 March||SG recommendations on MONUC’s mandate (UN Mission in the DRC)||S/RES/1742|
|mid March||Commissioner’s quarterly UNIIIC report (UN International Independent Investigation Commission)|
|mid March||SG semi-annual report on UNAMA (UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan)||S/RES/1662|
|mid March||SG quarterly report on UNMIL (UN Mission in Liberia)|
|mid March||SG quarterly report on UNOGBIS (UN Peacebuilding Support Office in Guinea-Bissau)|
|mid March||Neighbouring states’ reports to the Côte d’Ivoire Sanctions Committee on compliance with the arms and diamonds sanctions||S/RES/1727|
|29 March||Panel of Experts mid-term briefing to the Sudan Sanctions Committee|
|31 March||SG monthly report on Darfur|
|Expiry of Mandates in 2007||Operations||Relevant Document|
|31 March||SG’s Special Representative for the Great Lakes (final period)||S/PRST/2006/57|
|March 2007||Other Important Dates|
|5-9 March||IAEA Board of Governors meeting|
|14-15 March||Donors’ roundtable in Bujumbura for Burundi|
The Temporary International Mechanism for Assistance to the Palestinian People is due to expire, it is up to the Quartet to renew it.
Also expected in March:
- The Council is tentatively planning visiting missions for 2007 to West Africa (including Côte d’Ivoire), Timor-Leste and Central Africa.
- The Peacebuilding Commission’s next round of country-specific meetings are expected in April for Burundi and in April or May for Sierra Leone.
- Parliamentary elections in Chad are scheduled for April.
- Presidential elections in Timor-Leste are expected in April, with parliamentary elections expected in June.
- A UN Conference at the ministerial-level on Iraq will be held in Geneva on 17-18 April.
- Human Rights Council elections are scheduled for May.
- A Council open debate on Protection of Civilians is expected in June.
- The Special Court for Sierra Leone has reported that Charles Taylor’s trial at The Hague will begin in June.
- Election of Nepal’s constituent assembly is expected in June.
- Elections in Sierra Leone are expected in July.
- The Secretary-General’s next reports on the thematic issues of Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict and Women, Peace & Security are expected by October.
- Presidential elections in Côte d’Ivoire are tentatively expected by 31 October.
- Local elections in the DRC are expected in the second half of 2007.
- A workshop on security sector reform, a joint initiative of Slovakia and South Africa, is being planned for later in 2007 in Africa.Full forecast