Security Council Report (“SCR”) collects and processes your personal information that is provided by you as a person interested in SCR and may obtain information identifying you, including email addresses, for the purpose of communicating with you. This Privacy Notice is provided to you in accordance with applicable privacy laws including, but not limited to, laws implementing the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) (the “Data Privacy Laws”). It explains what information you provide to us and how we use your information.
How we protect your personal information
SCR understands that storing data in a secure manner is essential. SCR stores personal information and other data using reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to secure data against foreseeable risks, such as unauthorised use, access, disclosure, destruction or modification. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information we collect in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security. Further, while we work to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
Your choices about how your personal information is used
- Once you provide SCR with personal information, we will correct, update, or remove information if you contact us using the information listed below.
- You can opt out of receiving email communications from SCR using the unsubscribe links found at the bottom of each email we send.
Communications from SCR
We would like to use your name and email address to inform you of updates and details of our activities. If you provide us with your consent to receive these types of communications, we will offer the right to unsubscribe in each electronic communication. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via email through our website.
Your personal information
Your personal information includes any information relating to you where you are identified or from which you are identifiable. This includes your name, contact information, information about where you work and, if applicable, where you live and your use of our services.
We may collect various types of personal information from different sources, including:
- Information you provide directly to us when you subscribe to email alerts;
- Details provided by you off-line (e.g. business cards), in order to send you our reports and briefings by email or post. Your details will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided them;
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorise through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences.
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
How do we use the information we collect?
We may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Enable us to provide you with information on our publications, and to improve and promote our publications and organisation;
- Communicate with you about your account and send you information or request feedback about features on our site and applications or changes to our policies;
- Operate, understand, optimise, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by performing user market research and using analytics tools;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Share your personal information with operational providers that help us fulfill certain business functions and with other third parties to comply with legal processes such as subpoenas and court orders and when we believe in good faith that the law requires the sharing of your personal information.
Contacting us about privacy concerns
Contact us at:
One Dag Hammarskjöld Plaza
885 Second Avenue at 48th Street, 21st Floor
New York, NY 10017 Telephone: 212-759-9429
To unsubscribe or to change your personal details or subscription choices or if you require further information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your rights?
You have the right to ensure your personal information is accurate. To make changes to your contact and other account information, or to opt out of receiving marketing communications, please contact us as described above. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information and/or to access your personal information. Your rights are subject to the applicable Data Privacy Laws.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact us by email, phone or post (details above) and we will investigate the matter and respond to you promptly. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can complain to any applicable data privacy authority in your country of residence.
Unless otherwise specifically stated, the material on this site was created, authored, and/or prepared by Security Council Report and Security Council Report is the copyright owner of such materials.
Unless otherwise specifically stated, no claim to copyright is being asserted by Security Council Report and material on this website may be freely used as in the public domain. Security Council Report encourages you to copy and distribute the Security Council Report copyrighted materials and documents found on this site. In that regard, so long as you credit Security Council Report as the source and so long as you comply with the other terms and conditions in this notice, no permission is required to use, reproduce, copy, modify or download any of the Security Council Report materials. If you do, however, modify the Security Council Report materials, you will indicate that you have done so, so that any inaccuracies or omissions will not reflect on Security Council Report’s or the original authors’ reputations. Each time you redistribute the Security Council Report materials or any modification thereof, the recipient automatically receives a license from Security Council Report to use, reproduce, copy and modify the Security Council Report materials subject to the terms and conditions of this notice. You may not impose any further restrictions on such recipients’ exercise of the rights granted herein. However, it is requested that in any subsequent use of this work Security Council Report be given appropriate acknowledgement. Security Council Report welcomes voluntary reporting of all use, derivative creation, and other alteration of this work. Such reporting should be sent to email@example.com. Other than as expressly granted in this notice, all other rights in the Security Council Report materials are reserved to Security Council Report.
This site also contains material, including images, generated, authored and/or prepared by individuals or organisations other than Security Council Report, and those individuals or organisations may claim copyright ownership therein. Consequently, Security Council Report cannot grant you permission to use such material. If the credit line for material lists such individuals or organisations, you will need to contact that individual or organisation listed in the credit line to advise you on the copyright policy for that image and/or material and obtain any permissions that may be required.
Photography: If a recognizable person appears in a photograph or other image on this site your use thereof for commercial purposes may infringe a right of privacy or publicity or violate other rights such person may claim in his/her likeness or image. If you intend to so use any such photograph or image, you should obtain permission from the recognizable person or his/her representative.
Because Security Council Report does not know how you are using the information, documents and other materials found on this site, Security Council Report does not make any express or implied warranties with respect thereto. Security Council Report does, however, expressly disclaim such warranties to the full extent allowed under applicable law. Further, Security Council Report assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions and assumes no liability for the consequences of your using the information, documents or other materials found on this site. If you use any information, documents or materials found on this site you do so at your own risk.
You are welcome to link to the homepage of our website, subject to the terms and conditions of this notice. No permission is needed to link to our homepage. If you link to us, however, it does not mean that we endorse your website’s content, activities or views, nor does it imply that we have granted you any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights. Any questions you may have regarding the above copyright statement notice can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.